Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paranoia

Something happened today that piqued my paranoia sensors (I've got lots of them). While I won't go into what it was because it really isn't that interesting, it made me start thinking of how I hate jumping to conclusions.

I tend to underreact to situations when they are happening. I don't want to make a big deal out of something while it is ongoing, in case it isn't anything and I am just being "paranoid" about it. I often regret this after the fact. I could save myself lots of worrying and anxiety if I just spoke up with my suspicions.

However, my personality type is such that I prefer to spare others in case I'm wrong. Maybe it's because I don't want to look like a dumbass. Maybe it's because I hate when people have jumped to wild conclusions about me. (which reminds me: In college I went back to my apartment after being at my parents' house for the weekend. There were four of us sharing an apartment, and we'd just gotten a new roommate. She was on the couch when I walked in the front door, carrying my laundry, a bag of stuff I need for overnight trips, and my keys in my mouth; she later told me that because I didn't say "hi" right away that she thought I was a "bitch". Nevermind that I couldn't talk with keys in my mouth- I know unsanitary! I also later found out that my other roommates and some of my classmates thought I was stuck up because I was quiet. ??? Have these people never heard of someone being shy? I also was suffering from post-partum depression, which didn't exactly make me talkative.)

Anyway, that is my random thought for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment