Thursday, May 20, 2010

...Ronald McDonald is dangerous, sending insidious messages to young people...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/ap_on_bi_ge/us_mcdonald_s_ronald_mcdonald

I understand the point they are trying to make, but that line cracked me up. It also reminded me of a time that a friend and I were at a McDonalds at a mall, and there was a life-size Ronald McDonald statue sitting on the bench by the restaurant. A little boy was sitting there all happy with his food, mumbling to himself. I wasn't particularly paying attention to him until I heard him sing this little gem, "Old McDonald said a nasty word." Even though this had to be 14 or 15 years ago, I remember it because I wrote it in a journal that I had bought at Walden books that day. I still have that journal, mostly blank still. Anyway, it was one of my many "random" journals that I wrote little snippets of things I thought were interesting.
I wrote what I thought "Old McDonald" might have said that was nasty too: Old McDonald said, "F*** you, kids!" Except I didn't use asterisks in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment