Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weight Loss, Revisited

I am getting back into the habit of eating sensibly (which is a big struggle for me). I'm hoping to be able to do another figure competition this year, but I don't know if I'll be ready to or not. Possibly by the fall. I'll have to see how I do on my current workout schedule and diet.

I've somehow managed to drop 5 lbs. in the last three days. I'm thinking most of it is probably water weight, so I'll likely see some of that reappear the next time I get on the scales.

I've had a rough year and a quarter as far as my fitness goals go. Since I had my car accident, which gave me whiplash and a bulging disc in my lower back, I was unable to do many kinds of exercise and I was only able to exercise at a lighter intensity. Then I began taking Abilify a few months ago and I promptly went from about 155-160 lbs. to 175 lbs. I haven't weighed this much since I was nine months pregnant with twins (I topped out at 179 when I was pregnant, which was a total gain of 44 lbs.).

Anyway, I'm hoping that I stick with things this time and don't allow stress and depression to distract me from eating right and kicking a** in the gym. :)

1 comment: