Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure

I found this on Jenna Glatzer's blog (which is awesome and you should read, by the way!): The Pedophile's Guide.

I guess this self published book on Amazon has the intent of (in the author's words): "This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter [sic] sentences should they ever be caught."


I am what many would consider a "bleeding heart liberal", but I certainly don't extend this compassion to pedophiles that try to say pedophilia is a sexual orientation like heterosexuality and homosexuality. In my opinion, if someone isn't old enough to understand the ramifications of sexual intercourse they aren't a willing partner in a sexual relationship. Especially not when they are preyed upon by adults who often use guilt and threats to keep the "relationship" secret.

It's akin to saying someone who's been slipped rohypnol is a willing partner while they are unconscious and being raped. It's just a "misunderstood sexual orientation".

That's not to say that I'm not compassionate to people who are pedophiles or have pedophilic thoughts who seek treatment. I think it is a mental illness or a grotesque behavior that manifested in individuals who were molested themselves. That doesn't mean that I condone their behavior. I just acknowledge that if they know they have a problem and seek help they should have access to help and a support network to keep them from acting on their thoughts.

Anyway, I thought the book and the fact that Amazon is keeping it available was worth passing on. I wonder if they'd keep a book called The Rapist's Guide to Love and Pleasure available?

No comments:

Post a Comment