Saturday, July 4, 2009

Depression and the Snowball Effect

It seems like every time I start to feel depressed all the little things pile up (and up, and up, and...you get the picture). I know that most likely I am just noticing things that wouldn't have phased me much if I weren't depressed, but that realization doesn't stop the snowball from getting bigger. It still picks up mass and ultimately, crushing power.
For now my big escape is snuggling with the girls (which can get me started down a perilous path of thoughts as well), reading books I've already read before--but that I don't remember the ending to, and playing Everquest II. Yes, I am a nerd. Hmm, even saying that sort of makes me feel more depressed and sorry for myself (this whole snowball analogy may have been better left unanalyzed).
Still, I already wrote it, so I will leave it. This is my "sort-of" journal online (the *juicy* stuff is reserved for my pen/paper version), so I won't go back and edit my random depressive thoughts. Just wanted to vent them. Sort of like Eeyore. "After all, one can't complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And it was last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said 'Bother!'. The Social Round. Always something going on."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but at least you're a HOT nerd, with muscles! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! And the Boopster. (yeah, we even like that Jeremy guy...)

    ReplyDelete