Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 12: Freddie Mercury in a Comic Book!

Rock 'n' Roll Comics, a set of comics featuring rock bands and stars, was published by Revolutionary Comics. I ordered the Queen comic they issued from either a magazine or comic ad when I was a teen. I wrote to the publisher and told him how much I really enjoyed the comic.

I was surprised when I actually got a personalized response. The person who wrote me back was the founder of Revolutionary Comics' father. We ended up writing back and forth for many years (and we're friends on Facebook now after that initial exchange over 16 years ago!).

He sent me some of the company's Tipper Gore's Comics and Stories comics as well. Very good stuff.

Anyway, I've still got my Queen comic stashed away in my collection of Queen items.

Here is the cover of the comic:

No comments:

Post a Comment