Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freddie Mercury Day 10- Quotes

Here are some various quotes from Freddie. He had a good sense of humor. :)

"I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me."

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."

This is one of my favorite stories, but unfortunately I've read about six or seven different versions online. I couldn't find the original site that I saw it on, but this version is found on http://www.brianmay.com/queen/wwry/OZ/freddielives.html: Queen and The Sex Pistols were recording albums in London's West End when Sid Vicious wandered into the wrong studio to find Mercury alone at the piano." "Ah, Freddie Mercury, still bringing ballet to the massses are you?" hissed Vicious. "Oh yes, Mr Ferocious, dear," Mercury bit back. 'We are doing our best."

"I learned to fend for myself in boarding school. All the bullying- I had the odd schoolmaster chasing me. I was considered the arch poof."

“I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment