Monday, June 6, 2011

Bored and Unfocused

I've been having lots of trouble concentrating and focusing on things lately, mostly due to emotional issues. I feel like a big baby for complaining, moping, and being so caught up in my bad moods, anxiety, and depression. Life goes on whether or not I want it to.

The girls are out of school for the summer, and I always have trouble trying to entertain them during our long, unoccupied days. Which in turn gives me more time to get down about things. I have less time to get work done without interruptions and less time to work out (which is a big stress reliever for me).

I feel guilty complaining that I have less time for things because the girls are home from school, but honestly many things are difficult to do with the girls home all day. Running errands, shopping, and doing anything that involves going somewhere are limited, if not impossible to do if I am the only one here with the girls.

I am going to try to focus on doing structured activities with them part of the day, then working part of the day, then taking care of their needs/house work the rest of the time. Easier said than done, as I'm very laid back as far as schedules are concerned. Still, I think that would probably be the best for all concerned.

Hopefully this will keep me busy and keep my mind off of less appealing topics. Probably not though, as I tend to gravitate to unhappy things. If I could harness that into something productive I'd have it made!

No comments:

Post a Comment